Saturday, 26 March 2011

Seat covers

I sewed a simple seat cover for my dining chairs as the PU leather has started peeling off.

The cloth I chose is kinda thick so that it lasts longer. Sewing it takes time due to the thickness. Firstly, I made a block using the newspaper to gauge the size of the seat. Once I'm comfortable with the newspaper block, I placed it on the cloth and started cutting it. Of course, I need to leave about 2" to sew up the hem. I used rubber elastics to hold the cover to the seat, placed at the back of the seat. Unfortunately, no pics here.

The end result... simple and easy to sew.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails