My angels love fountains! So whenever they see a fountain, they would run towards it, teasing and playing. However, whenever we want to photograph them with the fountain, we have to stand far away so that the camera would stay dry. As such, the photos are usually distanced or zoomed in.
This was taken at The Curve and Hubby had to zoom in. It’s kinda blurry as he hurriedly snapped; there were people walking past, ignorant that we were trying to take a photo.
This night shot was taken near Sunway Lagoon and you can see that my angels had to stand nearer to the camera as the fountain was splashing wildly. They could have been nearer to the fountain if not for the camera; you can see some droplets on the lens. The night shot was not that great too… looked kinda faded.
Luckily, Hubby is a good photographer so he is able to snap our water moments nicely albeit blurry at times. I do wish we have the new Sony TX5 camera and all our camera woes would be solved! Honestly, it’s not called the ‘World’s Slimmest Water-proof Camera’ for nothing! For a compact camera, it is water-proofed up to 3 meters and weighs approximately 128gm! It’s shock-proof, temperature-proof and dust-proof too. It even has awesome functions like iSweep Panorama, Handheld Twilight and anti-motion blur. What more can you ask?
With Sony TX5:
- With functions like water-proof and anti-motion blur, The Curve photo would have been more clear and sharp
- Handheld Twilight and water-proof functions would have helped the Sunway Lagoon photo to achieve a perfectly cleaner, sharper image
- Both photos would also get a boost with the iSweep Panorama function! We would have been able to capture the full length of the fountains from a single sweep!
My dream Sony TX5 camera with 10.2 Mega Pixel T Series 4x Optical Zoom Cyber-shot in pink colour :-)
A simple overview about this camera, courtesy of http://www.sony.com.my/product/dsc-tx5
- World’s Slimmest Water-proof Camera: Dive in with the water-proof Cyber-shot TX5. Capture beautiful underwater shots up to 3m deep for up to 60 minutes
- Shock-proof: The shock-proof design of the Cyber-shot TX5 allows drops of up to a height of 1.5m, the usual height we hold the camera for photo-taking
- Temperature-proof: Keep on shooting even below freezing point up to –10ºC with this tough camera in harsh weather conditions
- Dust-proof: With the superb dust-resistance of the Cyber-shot TX5, you can be assured to always get spotless images whatever the environment is!
- iSweep Panorama: Enjoy beautiful panoramic shots by sweeping your camera horizontally to create stunning landscape shots, or vertically to capture tall objects. Intelligent Sweep Panorama also recognizes faces or subject movement automatically and cleverly stitches the photos together to create a natural-looking panoramic shot
- Handheld Twilight: With Handheld Twilight mode, your images boast 50% less noise because the high sensitivity “Exmor R” CMOS sensor coupled with BIONZ imaging processor allows the camera to superimpose six visual frames to create a single optimized image. Even when taking a picture at a high ISO setting or without using a tripod, you still enjoy cleaner, sharper images with Handheld Twilight
- Anti-motion Blur: Anti-motion Blur mode uses six superimposed frames to create one single optimized image with 50% less noise. This means you are able to shoot with high ISO settings in low-light environments, reducing noise and subject blur, giving you clear and sharp images
- Takes 10 photos in 1 second: Capture fast actions or a moving subject in a sequence of 10 continuous frames per second. This sequence of continuous shots are also grouped to simplify playback as the camera analyses each group in order to locate and display the best shot automatically
- Realistic photos with excellent contrast: The Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar Lens delivers uncompromised, accurately detailed and realistic photos with excellent contrast
- Natural and vibrant image: BIONZ Image Processing Engine drastically lowers noise level and achieves high accuracy in auto-focusing, exposure auto-correction and auto white balancing; creating a more natural and vibrant image in different shooting environments
- Beautiful images—even in low light: For low-light environments, the back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor delivers stunning performance and increases sensitivity by 2x to reduce noise
I’m totally drooling now… it may sound like jargons to me but the functions and results are superb for a 128gm compact camera!