Vanity, according to Merriam-Webster:
- Is something that is vain, empty or valueless
- Is the quality or fact of being vain
- Is the inflated pride in oneself or one’s appearance
- A fashionable trifle or knickknack
Well, everyone is born with it, either male or female, young or old. We have that distinct character in us, vain in our veins :p
I have always been self-conscious, feeling a little vain naturally. Even though lazy to put on make-up, I always ensure I look good and presentable whenever I leave the house. Actually to think about it, once I wake up, I must look presentable even in the house LOL! What if the neighbours saw me in my pyjamas and messy hair??? Eew! No way!
My version of grooming tips… hmmm… not sure if you can call this tips but it’s something I feel that we should practice for good hygiene and health:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Preferably after each meal to keep the plaque away. If possible, visit your dentist at least twice a year too.
- Make sure your face is clean and clear of make-up whenever you go to sleep. This is crucial to ensure your skin, especially the pores, are able to breath when you sleep. Skin also needs O2 leh! Go for a facial at least once a month. This will ensure all the dirt and germs have been removed by your beautician, leaving your skin glowing! Don’t forget your sun block too before leaving the house, to keep skin cancer away.
- De-stress is the key objective when you go for a spa. It’s a must at least once a month! All the massage, cleaning and rejuvenating experiences will have you feeling as good as new! It will also enable you to detoxify your body!
- You can never forget your crowning glory. A monthly hair mask to ensure it’s glorifying status! I’m sure you don’t want dandruffs flaking on your shoulders too ;-)
- Last but not least, the most important of all, the smell ;-) We must ensure we smell good always right??? If we look good but smell terrible then it defeats the purpose of looking good at all! Body odour is something not to be taken lightly… which is why we have deodorants in the first place!
If we do not groom ourselves properly, our self esteem, our confidence level will deteriorate. Our health will be affected, mentally and physically. Thank goodness we have Adidas to save the day!
- Helps block perspiration
- Keeps you fresh
- Dry max system to absorb extra wetness
These products can complement your day to day use, to stay clean, fresh and healthy besides your monthly ‘perk-me-ups’!
Not forgetting Project Alpha Season 2 has officially started on 19th April 2010, at 12 midnight ;-) You can easily view it here
Episode 2 – poor Jojo –
Episode 3 – hot & cold!